Sunday, October 30, 2011

Craft vs. Write

Tomorrow NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) begins. I love NaNoWriMo but this year I'm so busy I don't know if I'll actually make it. It's going to be a real struggle keeping Hearsay up and running, regularly posting on two blogs and writing 50000 words, unless of course I include the blog posts in my novel.

e.g. MC (Main Character) wrote a blog. The blog was as follows...

It'll be especially interesting if she's in the middle of some intense chase scene,

e.g. MC fled from the terrorists. She rounded a corner and stopped for a moment to write a blog. The blog was as follows...

Yeah I think that'll work nicely.

Back to the real world.
I am really excited about NaNo this year. I plan on writing a series of short stories (rather than a novel) that centres around another short story that I spent the better part of this year working on. But I still have a lot to do for Hearsay as well. This Friday is Bleeding Heart Markets and on Sunday I'm selling for the first time at Suitcase Rummage. On the Saturday and Sunday (not that I have to physically be there for this) I have a necklace on display at the Etsy Australia stall at Finders Keepers. After those are done and dusted I'll only have to keep my online stores up to date (which won't take much since I'm yet to make a sale) and replenish any stock for the December Markets.
I shouldn't really complain, there are people with full time jobs and children who manage to reach 50000 words. I have no excuses, I can do this.

Watch out NaNo WriMo, here I come.



Maybe if I got one of these cute notebooks from Lorgie and Me it would help ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment